Saturday, August 29, 2009

Good Morning

Rolling over I jump out of bed searching for the tune that was all night in my head
the beat was slow but the song was fast the words were muffled and from the past
scrambling with buttons and dials like a wild man in search of treasure
recalling beats, bridges, and versus measure by measure
I am frantic now and losing control like a beast is in my head tickling my soul
holding my thoughts hostage with with a fiddle made of gold
dangling a carrot from the end of a pole
on the tip of my tongue but just out of reach
thug life but poppa don't preach from here to the infirmary
shadow stabbing forgive and forget rock n roll all night benny and the jets
pretty girls make graves before you were punk idioteque
no no no none of it fits its all round when I am searching for square
I stare at the floor the ceiling my hands there's still nothing there
I am losing it now way to far gone but wait ...that melody that song
it catches me, cradling me like a newborn and brushing against my check
and just before the tempo begins to peek I remember the song and start tapping my feet
feeling the rhythm feeling the beat throwing on sneakers and hitting the street
moving my life day by day only asking that I hit play

No comments:

Post a Comment